2022-05-10 USAID Feed the Future Tajikistan Agriculture and Land Governance (ALG) Activity
2022-05-10 The Feed the Future Tajikistan Agriculture and Land Governance Activity
2022-05-06 Фонд Евразия Центральной Азии - Таджикистан объявляет конкурс на вакантную должность
2022-04-15 EFCA - Tajikistan announces a tender for the purchase of technical equipment
2022-03-15 Выполнение работ по разработке и внедрению электронного аналитического отчета и дополнительных услуг/сервисов на уровне определенных джамоатов в районе Канибадам
2022-02-10 Техническое задание Выполнение работ по разработке и внедрению электронного аналитического отчета
2022-01-25 Bokhtar Irrigation Engineer/Side supervisor USAID Feed the Future Tajikistan
2022-01-25 Bokhtar, Grants Specialist (3 – Positions) USAID Feed the Future Tajikistan
2021-11-25 Техническое Задание на оказание услуг эксперта
2021-09-17 Техническое задание на наращивание потенциала молодых людей, включая молодых людей с ограниченными возможностями в области развития устойчивости и эффективности молодёжных платформ на базе “Омузиш Фарогир” в Шахритусе и Канибадам.
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID Feed the Future Tajikistan Agriculture and Land Governance (ALG) Activity
Position: Irrigation Engineer/Side supervisor
Reports to: Resilience team lead
Duration: For one year from the start date of the contract.
Announcement date: 25 January 2022
Close date: 06 February 2022
The Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia (EFCA – Tajikistan) is committed to activating the potential of civil society and its institutions to contribute to national and regional development in the areas of climate change and rural resilience, gender equality and women's empowerment, anti-radicalization and conflict prevention, civil society development and good governance, youth empowerment and education, rule of law and anti-corruption. (www.ef-ca.tj)
The Feed the Future Tajikistan Agriculture and Land Governance (ALG) Activity is a USAID funded 5-year activity that will assist the Government of Tajikistan (GOT) to sustainably reduce hunger, undernutrition, and poverty of smallholder farmers by developing more productive and efficient agriculture systems, building the resilience of smallholder farmers and improving the enabling environment to facilitate sustainable and long-term agriculture-led growth. It contributes to the USAID Global Food Security Strategy’s (GFSS) top-line goals of accelerated agriculture-led growth, better nutritional outcomes, improved food security, land tenure security, greater resilience, and better water security.
ALG will implement an inclusive market systems approach to strengthen Tajikistan’s agricultural systems, engaging with local and regional private sector actors to develop and expand market opportunities and work with government and civil society to drive systemic reforms in the enabling environment for agriculture that allows smallholders and private sector firms to invest and upgrade land through improved registration and administration. Of equal importance, ALG will ensure that women, youth, and vulnerable groups in remote areas in Khatlon are not left behind in the climb, integrating them into market-led opportunities in processing, value addition, and livelihood diversification while deepening their resilience through nutrition-sensitive crop adoption and behavior change. Combined, these efforts will enable Tajikistan to strengthen its journey to self-reliance and reduce its overreliance on remittances. The project is implemented with the financial support of DAI Global.
The activity purpose will be achieved through the following components.
Component 1: Enhance productive agriculture systems
Component 2: Strengthen the resilience of vulnerable smallholders
Component 3: Improve the enabling environment
Summary of Primary Duties:
The Irrigation Engineer/Side supervisor will have primary responsibility for engineering activities in various areas in Khatlon; She/he will provide technical inputs in the irrigation infrastructure, greenhouse, cold storages rehabilitation/constructions and sides supervision to support. Supervise and monitor the rehabilitations and constructions activities with in WUAs, greenhouse, cold storages in project target areas. To manage and supervise the sub-contractors who will work on constructions and rehabilitation works. Coordinate with government agency on the all types of permission for the rehabilitations/construction activities and work closely with ALG-WUA Specialist, component 1.1 and component 2 leads grants department staff.
• Assess status of irrigation/infrastructure needs for WUAs and/or other organizations.
• Assist organizations to identify rehabilitation/constructions needs in accordance with sustainable maintenance and participatory approaches.
• Assist organizations in preparation of design and cost estimates for identified rehabilitation works and other rural construction needs.
• In coordination with Grants Manager, WUA Specialist, component 1.1 and other staff ensure that grant activities are delivered and within the budget.
• Supervise other engineering construction activities like greenhouses and cold storage
• Developed the technical design of any engineering rehabilitations and construction sub projects
• Manage the sub-contractor, on daily weekly based and supervise the sub project sides.
• Monitor and supervise the process of works by the grant recipients or sub-contractor; take appropriate corrective measures to ensure timely delivery within budget and ensure work quality. Provide assistance to organizations (WUAs) on obtaining necessary permits, technical expertise and documentation required for construction activities.
• Provide necessary training to WUAs on technical aspect of the projects.
• Work with project Grants Manager and Gender Specialist to ensure that cost-share principles are introduced, and stakeholders are actively involved in the process.
• Work with other staff of component 1.1 and 2 like NRM Specialist, greenhouse Specialist and others for engineering activities and support technically.
• Regularly report to WUA Specialist on progress of the field activities:
• Coordinate with local governments, NGOs, and other donor agencies to identify opportunities for cooperation.
• Train the respected staff of ALG on the AUTOCAD and other engineering softwares.
• Travel to sites as needed.
• Perform other tasks as requested.
• College degree (Diploma) in an appropriate field, preferably Water and irrigation Engineering.
• Minimum five years’ experience working on construction preferably in rehabilitation/constructions of irrigation infrastructures.
• Experience as water engineer or equivalent and experience in Khatlon oblast.
• Experience with USAID and international agencies concerned with the agriculture/irrigation water sector
• Fluent in Tajik, Uzbek with command of Russian and English adequate for professional work.
• Have reasonable user-level knowledge of standard AUTOCAD and other engineering software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting
Irrigation Engineer/Side supervisor reports to the Resilience team lead and coordinated with other ALG components based on the need. The position is based in Bokhtar, with travel to priority ALG target districts in Khatlon.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) by email to
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
Interested candidates should submit their Resume no later than February 06, 2022